I would love to invite you to the biggest event in your life. It's a pretty amazing thing. It will make your life more passionate, more productive, and more profitable. It's about getting clear, getting motivated, and get started on doing what you have always wanted to do in your life. Deep down inside, we all have the burning desire to be more authentic and true to ourselves and show more of who we truly are. This is your invitation to make that a reality.
I hope you spend a minute just thinking what that goal would be and that you would actually commit to making it happen. The thing is, this is just the most simple example of taking control of your own thoughts and behavior that create a damaging effect against inertia in your own life. Now, let's think bigger!
What would your ideal life look like? And how can you actually achieve this? Is inertia a problem in your life? Never gaining ground or moving forward? By now, like anyone else experiencing a level of stagnation in their personal life, you are tired of an inert lifestyle that has become your status quo.
Inertia Defined Inertia = a tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged.
Inertia is a word we use when we talk about matter and movement. Basically, our idea of inertia goes back to Sir Issac Newton's first two laws of physics:
1. An object at rest tends to stay at rest.
2. An object in motion tends to stay in motion.
William Harris says, "Physicists use the term inertia to describe this tendency of an object to resist a change in its motion. The Latin root for inertia is the same root for "inert," which means lacking the ability to move."
University of San Francisco professor Jim Taylor, Ph.D. says, "Many of us wonder what propels us down the paths of our lives, why we go in the directions that we go. I believe there are four major forces -- needs, self-esteem, ownership, and emotions -- that govern the direction of our lives. The good news is that if we are aware of the four forces and understand them, we can take control of those forces and, in turn, our lives."
"An object at rest will stay at rest, forever, as long as nothing pushes or pulls on it. An object in motion will stay in motion, traveling in a straight line, forever, until something pushes or pulls on it." - William Harris on restating in everyday terms on Newton's Law of Inertia
Perhaps you need strategic and empowering coaching assistance in the activation of your life propulsion system, for starters. In all honesty, it's quite simple! You might just need a little help to get you going in motion; momentum to get you going in forward motion forever.
Let me take you through the 5-step process for making some serious progress and living your best life. These steps are surprisingly simple:
1) Where am I now? Firstly, you need to know who you are and what you're all about. What are you really passionate about? What motivates you? What drives you? What energizes you? What skills do you have that you can earn an income from?
2) Where do I want to be? Secondly, you need to get clarity around your purpose in life. It doesn't have to be an exact science, but understanding what your ideal life looks like will help you know what steps you need to take to create this reality. Having more clarity on this will help you identify opportunities that are presented to you to help you take action. This is also the place where you develop the "why?" for your goals and plans.
3) How will I get there? Thirdly, you need a map. What steps are you going to take to create the reality of your ideal life? A sailor without a compass is likely to get lost, waste time and end up feeling down. Life is no different. Your goals are your compass.
4) Action & Performance Remember the biggest obstacle preventing you from living your best life? Doing nothing. To live your best life you need to make a change. It comes down to taking action. It may take time to get there, but it all starts with that single step. One step leads to two. By now, you're walking. The momentum starts to build. Shortly, you're running. Momentum is a beautiful thing. Your goals and your ideal life become things that you know will eventuate.
5) Review & Revise The final step in the process is to monitor how you are progressing. Are your actions helping you live your best life? What can you change in your life to help you create this reality even faster? Even better?
So maybe you are asking, "What next?". You might wonder how do you implement effective, strategic techniques or skills to advance your life? Even more so, what accountability mechanism is in place in your life to ensure you are making forward progress. Some people have brought on a transformation and life empowerment coach to help empower them only to see significant success and breakthrough.
Interested in a free coaching consultation to help you have a damaging effect against your limiting beliefs and proverbial glass ceilings? Contact me to schedule your FREE consultation.